- What exactly is a kids consignment sale? Twice a year we rent out a large space and host a sale of gently used and new kids items that are consigned through us by parents like you. Our sales are typically early Spring and and early Fall.
- How does the sale work? Parents register to consign through the website. Once registered you will receive a consignor number which will allow you to log onto your consignor homepage. Through your homepage you enter all of the items you will be selling into our easy to use system. This will generate bar coded tags which you place on all of your items. On set-up day you bring all of your items to the sale to be placed around the sales floor. That’s it. Each night of the sale your homepage will be updated so you can check on how your items are selling. You do not need to be present during the sale.
- When is the latest I can register for the sale? Registration
for our sale is set to close the Tuesday before the sale. Make sure you are on our mailing list so you will get notification
as soon as registration opens.
- When do all of my items need to be into the tagging system?
The tagging system will lock at 8am, on the Wednesday of drop-off.
This is the time that all of your inventory must be entered into the
system. You will not be able to make any additions or edits to your
inventory after that time. You can still print tags in the system
after this shut down time.
- How much can I bring to the sale? There
is no limit. Minimum is 15 items.
- How much will I earn at the sale? Consignors
earn 70% of the prices that they set for their items, with the
opportunity to earn up to 80% if they register to volunteer. Checks are
generally mailed about a week following consignor pick-up.
- What can I sell at the sale? Anything
kid related that is in good working condition, isn’t stained or ripped,
and isn’t subject to a recall. Please check our “Brands Accepted” page
under the Consignor tab for all of the specifics.
- Does all clothing have to be hanging? Hanging clothes are more attractive and sell better. People want to be able to fully inspect the items they are buying. There will be baskets for bagged tights, socks, onesies, bibs, accessories, etc.
- Do I need to provide my own hangers? Yes, you do. Cheap plastic ones from children's clothes work well. Start asking other moms you know if they have any (if you haven’t already convinced them to consign). Hangers can also be found at the dollar store, Target, and WalMart.
- Will I get my hangers back? No. The hanger remains on the item when sold.
- What happens to my unsold items? While entering your items into inventory you have the option of marking them for donation or not. Items not marked for donation will be sorted by consignor number at the end of the sale and can be picked up during the designated pick-up times. Items marked for donation become the property of Posh Tots, to be distributed to charitable organizations at our discretion.
- Do I have to mark my items as discounted on 1/2 price Sunday? No! The pricing of your items is completely up to you. The key to selling at full price instead of 1/2 price is setting a
good full price. Our system now marks all items that are designated for
donation to also be marked for 1/2 price on Sunday. Getting 1/2 price
is better than getting nothing, right?
- How can I shop the sale early? Only
consignors and volunteers can shop before the public.
These spots do fill quickly. We also have a
limited number of New Mom pre-sale passes available each sale for
families welcoming a new baby.
- Can I volunteer without consigning? No, only consignors can volunteer.
- Can I bring my baby or children with me to the sale? We know how hard it is to shop with kids (and husbands) so we highly recommend leaving the kids at home. The sale can be very crowded, and overwhelming for the little ones. If you don’t have childcare and must bring them, you are fully responsible for keeping them with you at all times. We strongly advise the use of strollers, as children are not allowed to play on toys. all diaper bags, strollers, and large items brought into the sale are subject to inspection upon entering and exiting.
- Is there a fee to get into the sale and shop? Our sales are FREE to shop on our Public Sale dates.
- What forms of payment do you accept? We accept CASH, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, and Visa/MC based Debit cards. We do not accept American Express or personal checks.